Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Baked Golden Pomfret

This is a simple way to bake a fish and it has a tasty gravy too. The family completely finished it up.

I used a 400 gm Golden Pomfret. Scored the body with a few lines back and front.
Seasoned it with salt and pepper and placed the entire fish on aluminium foil.
I added julienned ginger slices, 2 cloves garlic sliced and also sprigs of green onions on the fish as well as inside the fish.
I added 2 tbsps each of light soya sauce, Dom (or you may want to use Chinese wine instead), sesame oil , 1 tbsp of cooking oil and 1 tsp of sugar over the fish.
I then covered the entire fish with another piece of aluminium foil.
I let the tray of fish stand for about half an hour and the placed the tray in a pre-heated oven at 190 degree C for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Finla said...

Love pomfret. But alas i can only eat them when i am back home in India as i don't get it here.

HK Choo said...

baked whole fish..another first for me...will try it soon, thanks for sharing :)