Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Banana Oatmeal Loaves

For the past two days, I had the chance to supply some of my bakes to a food kitchen in Upper Serangoon near the Nativity Church. A friend of mine volunteered to give her bakes for the week to the charity and I became her baking associate LOL (that's what she calls me :-))

Tried out this recipe from the website Recipezaar and it was good. The two loaves here plus fifty vanilla honey cuppies made their way to the centre.





Here's sharing the recipe for a loaf ....


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups plain flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup mashed banana mixed with 1 tsp of banana essence
1/3 cup UHT milk mixed with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 nos. medium eggs, beaten

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C and grease a 8x4 inch loaf pan.

Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.

Combine all the wet ingredients together.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir till the batter is well mixed.

Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 50-60 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.

Remove pan and leave on wire rack to cool.

Remove the loaf from the pan and cool thouroughly on the wire rack before storing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Baking Associate!!
Been a while...and I realise I have to resume after my blissful break!! sigh...hahah

Thanks loads for the help! Greatly appreciated that the shelter beneifted from our passion for baking!

Jo Frets

Anonymous said...

hihi,
you have lots of great recipe here! yummy yummy.. I would like to invite you to share your cooking recipe with other moms at my site too.. izzit ok with you? =)
my website at http://MompreneurAsia.com
Just drop me a msg at my website Ok? thanks for the sharing.. =)

Unknown said...

Hi! Where's the recipe for the vanilla honey cupcake?

Unknown said...

Copied the recipe. Thanks!