Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Buttercake ....Perfector!

Usually when I make a buttercake I'll use LeeLee's recipe. However, yesterday I ran out of self-raising flour and had to do some substitution with cake flour and baking powder and sodium bicarbonate. The cake turned out better than expected cos I think the cake flour gives the cake a less coarse texture.

Here's the recipe I did for the above ......

Ingredients :

250 gm butter
220 gm caster sugar
6 nos. large eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
300 gm cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sodium bicarbonate soda
half a cup evaporated milk

Method :

Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
Sieve cake flour with baking powder and bicarbonate together.
Beat butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
Add vanilla essence.
Fold in the flour and add milk till all are well mixed.
Pour batter into a lined and greased 9 inch square baking tin and bake for about 45 mins. Use a wooden skewer to test for doneness. If not, bake for another 5 to 10 mins. till skewer comes out clean
.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I new to baking and would love to try out this buttercake receipe. Can I ask if cake flour means plain flour? If I use self-raising flour must I still put in the baking powder? Tks
ct