Saturday, December 02, 2006

My probable pizza bread

My friend shared this recipe with me and it's taken from the Phoon Huat demo class that I missed. I like the bread base and it's different from the pizza base that I used to make. It has almost the same texture as the Pizza Hut pizza base.
Soft and spongy, that's how I'll describe it .....


Ingredients:

Plain flour ......300 gm
Bread flour .....100 gm
Cold water ......240 gm
Caster sugar ......12 gm
Dried yeast ..........6 gm
Corn oil ..............72 gm
Salt .....................10 gm
Ham, chopped.......200 gm
Mozzi cheese, shredded ....250 gm

Method:

Mix all the ingredients together except for the oil and the salt.

Slowly add the oil and the salt and mix into a dough.

Add plain flour if you find the dough still sticky.

Rest the dough for 30 mins.

Weigh out the dough into 60 gm each, flatten them and poke holes into them using a fork. Proof for 3o mins. Pre-bake the dough for 10 mins at 180 degree C.

Remove and spread tomato paste on top of dough.

Arrange chopped ham on top and sprinkle with shredded mozzi cheese.

Bake at 210 degree C for 10 mins.

No comments: