Friday, October 12, 2007

Date and Nut Loaf

With the last 300 gm of my mozafati dates, this was what I did with them .....

The recipe was adapted from Alex Goh's Fruity Cakes and I love this loaf to bits. Almost ate the entire loaf by myself, oh greedy me! The recipe uses brown sugar and the combination of the dates with the butter and cinnamon can almost make me salivate all over again just thinking about the loaf baking in the oven.

Here's sharing the recipe with you :-)

Ingredients:

150 gm water
90 gm butter

180 gm brown sugar (reduce it to 150 gm if you want it less sweet)
300 gm chopped dates with seed removed
3 nos medium size eggs, beaten
200 gm cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon powder
100 gm chopped pecan nuts (increase this to 200gm if you want more nuts)

Method:
Boil water, butter and brown sugar together till well combined.

Add in the chopped dates and stir till well blended. Leave aside to cool.

Add into the mixture above the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well.

Add in the beaten eggs till well blended.

Add in the chopped nuts till well mix.

Pour into two lined and greased loaf pans till half full.

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C for about 50 minutes to an hour.

Check with a wooden skewer for loaf to be ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chawamushi,

the loaf looks so good. Can I ask what temperature is required? Thanks.

Wanna

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Wanna
Thanks for visiting :-)
I realised that I missed out stating the temperature. It should be at 180 degree C.