Thursday, June 19, 2008

Baked Shrimp Paste Chicken

This is a variation of the Grilled Shrimp Paste Chicken I had done previously. It tastes just as good without the Crispy Fry Mix.

Ingredients:

1 kg frozen chicken thighs
4 tbsp shrimp paste powder

2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp sesame oil

Method:

Mix all ingredients together and marinade chicken parts for an hour or more.
Lay out chicken parts on aluminium paper lined tray.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree C for 35-40 mins. or until chicken parts turn golden brown.

3 comments:

petite fleur said...

That's how I do it too....Reminds me that I haven't done this in a while *off to look for chicken wings now*

Anonymous said...

Hi Chawanmushi, can you please tell me where can I buy shrimp paste powder. TIA!

Cindy

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Cindy
I got mine from the Fairprice supermarket.Some provision shops stock them too.

hth