Saturday, June 28, 2008

Coleslaw

Thanks to Sri who shared her take HERE on the perfect coleslaw I managed to adapt the recipe keeping the all important sauces shown here.
I used half a medium cabbage and one carrot to make the vegetable base and I used sunflower seeds and melon seeds instead of almond bits. The resultant coleslaw actually had almost a similar taste to the KFC coleslaw which I love but it's even better according to dh's opinion. I am happy and this recipe is defintely a keeper.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, would you be able to share your recipe on the coleslaw?

Chawanmushi said...

Hi chris
The recipe is already in Sri's blog.You just need to click on the link ...at the word HERE.

Unknown said...

ok, thanks :)

Yuri said...

Thanks for sharing about this recipe. I tried it and love it, coleslaw isn't normally a favourite for us.

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Yuri
I'm glad you liked it :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi

I wanted to try and make this coleslaw but can't find the Sweet Relish in the supermarkets. Could you tell me where you got it from? Or perhaps you could advise what I could use as substitute?

Thanks
SK

Chawanmushi said...

Hi SK
I got all the ingredients from the Fairprice supermarket. I understand Cold Storage also stock them. It's in the section where they display the mayonaise.hth

Anonymous said...

Hi Chawanmushi

I can't find them in Fairprice. I'll try to look for it in Cold Storage then.

Thanks!
SK