I did this sometime ago for a small gathering and had good feedback about it. Now sharing this with you ....
This recipe was taken from Quick Breads by Liz Franklin
250 g butter
300 g self-raising flour
300 g sugar
150 g pecans, chopped
3 apples (green or red) cored and chopped with skin
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2. Rub butter, flour together till they look like breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the sugar.
4. Add in the pecans and apples.
5. Stir in the beaten eggs.
6. Spoon into a 900g loaf tin and bake for 1hr. 10 mins.
or until loaf is golden brown.
7. Leave to cool in pan for about 20 mins and then
turn onto wire rack to cool further.
8. Store loaf in air tight container.
9. Loaf can be frozen up to three months in the fridge.
NB: Instead of using a single loaf pan I divided
the batter to bake in 4 smaller loaves.
The baking time is reduced to about 50 mins.