Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Triple Mushrooms

When I visited the Extra Fairprice supermarket at AMK I saw the promoter cooking up mushrooms and they gave off a heavenly aroma. At the section where the mushrooms were placed there were so many kinds of mushrooms that I was literally staring at the whole section of them in awe. I went back to the mushroom promoter's counter and saw him using the two kinds of mushrooms here ...the Swiss Brown mushrooms and the Buna Shimeiji mushrooms. On his table where he was cooking the mushrooms, I noted that there was a jar of chopped garlic, a bottle of oyster sauce, a bottle of chinese wine and a bottle of sesame oil. Finally after waiting for about a minute I got a chance to taste the mushroom dish and the verdict was that I was game to try cooking up the two kinds of mushrooms at home. So here I try to recreate what I ate .....

Ingredients:

1 packet Swiss Brown mushrooms
1 packet Buna Shimeiji mushrooms
1/2 can button mushrooms (my leftovers)
1 tomato, quartered
1 chilli, sliced
3 slices of ginger, juliened
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 cup water
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp chinese wine
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
salt and sugar to taste

Corn flour mixture ( 2 tbsp hot water and 2 tsp corn flour mix together.)

Method:

Heat up 3 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and fry ginger slices and chopped garlic till fragrant.

Add in the chilli slices and the tomato together with the mushrooms.

Stir fry for about a minute and then add in the water.

Cover the pan and let the ingredients simmer for about 3-5 minutes.

Under cover the pan and add in the oyster sauce, chinese wine, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Stir well for another 2 minutes.

Add in the corn flour mixture to thicken the gravy.

Mushroom is ready and serve hot with white rice.

2 comments:

karlsfoodie said...

cecily
i love anythg mushroom.. yummy....

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Jo
Thanks for dropping by ....