Monday, December 11, 2006

Carefree Chocolate Chip Cookies

I think it has been quite a while since I baked chocochip cookies. I received a telephone call from ds A asking me to bake him chocochip cookies cos if I'm not baking them then he'll buy a box of chocochip cookies to eat. Ah...such a request, how can a mother refuse. So here it is ....presenting my chocochip cookies and I adapted the recipe from Zu's blog.

Ingredients:

125 gm softened salted butter
1/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 large egg
2 cups self-raising flour
100 gm mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup evaporated milk

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C.

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add vanilla and egg and mix till well combined.

Add the flour, chocochips, and milk and mix till a dough form.

Scoop a tsp of the dough, round them in your palms before placing them on the baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Leave a three cm gap between dough balls.

Bake for 10-15 mins or until cookie top browns.

Allow cookies to cool before placing them in an air-tight box.

This recipe can make about 60 pieces of cookies.


No comments: