Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Baked Hickory Chickwings

Got to know about using this seasoning when my friend B shared her lunch with me sometime ago. I managed to buy this from Cold Storage and used this to season the chickenwing sticks.
The chickwings tasted good and dh commented that they tasted like the chickwings were BBQ.



Here's sharing with you the recipe ....

Ingredients:

1 kg chicken wings
3 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp chinese wine
1 tbsp Hickory sauce (liquid smoke)

Method:

Marinade the chicken wings with the above ingredients for at least an hour.
Pre-heat oven at 220 degree C.
Place seasoned chicken wings on aluminium foil on tray.
Bake chicken wings for 30 minutes or till skin turn golden brown.
Serve hot.

6 comments:

karlsfoodie said...

i gt thew smoke... yay.. gg to try them out soon

Anonymous said...

Hi. The chickwings really looked yummy. Can I substitute the honey for golden syrup instead? For chinese wine, is this hua tiao chiew? Thanks for posting the recipe.

Chawanmushi said...

Hi anonymous
You may use hua tiao chiew. As for the golden syrup ... I've not tried it before. I would use white sugar instead if I don't have honey.

hth

Anonymous said...

Hi, thks for the tips. Will use white sugar instead coz the last time I used golden syrup for another recipe, the wings turned out real sticky. I had a hard time searching for the hickory sauce (out of stock) and finally managed to get it at Cold Storage, Taka yesterday. Can I marinate the wings overnight? Thanks. / Jenny

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Jenny
No problem leaving the wings to marinade overnight. Do leave the wings in the fridge though but not freezer.

hth

Anonymous said...

Hi. I baked the wings over the weekend and they turned out real yummy. They really tasted like barbequed because of the hickory sauce. I marinated them overnight but still felt the marinate did not soak through the meat enough. Will be baking them again for my Xmas party next week. Thanks! /Jenny