Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Black Soya Sauce Chicken

The original recipe was from KC. However my children didn't appreciate the strong spice aroma of cinnamon, star anise and cloves. I modified the recipe to decrease the amount of these spices and the resultant dish was more acceptable to them.

Ingredients:
1 kg chicken parts
2 tbsp black soya sauce

1 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tbsp sugar
300 mls water

Spices:
1 piece cinnamon stick
2 pieces star anise
6 pieces cloves

Method:
Add water and seasonings in a pot to boil.

Add in the spices, cover and boil them till fragrant (15 mins).

Add in the chicken parts and boil them for about half an hour, covered.
Do open cover and bast chicken parts with the gravy once or twice while cooking.

Turn off fire once chicken parts are done and soak them in the gravy for another 15 mins.

Remove chicken parts and serve with rice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is only right that I shold drop you a line to say that I tried this chicken recipe and yes...it was delicious.

Thank you for sharing. Really appreciate it.

Chawanmushi said...

Hi natasya
I'm glad you like it :-)