Saturday, June 21, 2008

Homemade Yam Ice Cream

I came across a blog Mike's Table organising a Frozen Dessert Challenge and decided to submit this entry.

Since I spotted yam being sold in the supermarkets these days, I decided to make yam ice-cream. This is also my dh's favourite ice cream flavour.
I was looking through many ice -cream recipes at IK and KC and finally gathered enough information to come out with this recipe which uses glucose syrup. I understand that this ingredient would help to make the ice-cream smooth and less icy. The sweetness of this ice-cream was also reduced so that my dad , being mildly diabetic could have a chance to eat it.



Ingredients:

300 g steamed, mashed yam
300 ml UHT milk
150 ml diary whipping cream
50 g caster sugar
3 tbsp glucose syrup
2 tsp yam essence paste

Method:

Process the yam in a blender with the milk and the whipping cream.

Pour the mixture into the freezer bowl of the ice-cream maker with the paddle running.

Add in the glucose syrup, sugar and the yam essence paste.

Allow the mixture to churn for about 30 minutes or till the mixture thickens considerably.

Transfer mixture into container and freeze overnight.

Click HERE for the round-up at Mike's Table.


2 comments:

putra said...

nice recipe, i love it.

putra said...

thanks for share your recipe ice cream, it look very delicious.