Saturday, July 14, 2007

Durian Loaf

This loaf has a very unique texture. It's like a cross between a muffin and a kueh. The loaf is soft without being fluffy and because fresh durian puree was used, the aroma of durian can be quite strong. Dh and I loved it anyway and tomorrow, it will go for the taste test by the extended family.


Here's sharing with you the recipe which I got from KC and modified.

Ingredients:
225 gm cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

100 gm butter, soften
50 gm brown sugar
4 tbsp maple syrup
4 eggs
200 gm durian puree

Method:
Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add in the maple syrup and mix till well blended.

Add in eggs, one at a time till well blended.
Stir in the durian puree and mix well.
Add in the sifted flour with baking powder and fold into mixture.
Pour batter into loaf pan (8x4x2 inches).
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C for about 50 mins or till skewer comes out clean.
Cool loaf and loaf can be kept in an air-tight container for about three days.
Refrigerate loaf if you want to keep it longer.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it ok to use normal white sugar instead of brown sugar???? I love the look of yr durian loaf and would love to try it out as soon. Tks for yr help.

Chawanmushi said...

Hi vb
No problem using white sugar. It gives a sweeter taste to the loaf.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cecily,

Thx for the QBread.. everyone loves it and my mum who happened to visit on thu had two helpings and she enjoyed it so much that she asked me to learn how to bake it =)

Appreciate you coming and many thx!


Cheers,
Sylvia

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Sylvia
I'm glad you and your mum liked it.
The recipe is in my blog.
You take care ..OK?

Anonymous said...

Baked the durian loaf today but since I only hv Thai durians here in HK, I guess that's why the smell & taste of durian is not strong. But nevertheless, it is made for my neighbour who loved it so I guess that's what counts! I only got a teeny weeny bit for taste and I think it is nice too.....if only I hv D24 or Mountain Cat! Tks so much

Anonymous said...

Hihi

Can i use the durian puree from Phoon HUat?

Cheers
Saori

Chawanmushi said...

I didn't know PH has durian puree for sale. I used the fresh durian flesh. If it's just the durian puree with sugar and some presevative then I see no problem using it.