Friday, December 01, 2006

Passionately Baked Pumpkin Slices

Every year end, I would bake with pumpkin. I remember my SIL loved the baked pumpkin I did a couple of years back when I had a Christmas gathering at my place. So this year, I'm using the bake pumpkin recipe again but I added in a biscuit base to give it a little more texture. So here are the pumpkin slices for you to enjoy ....


Ingredients and method for the biscuit base:
Marie biscuits, crushed 150 gm
Brown sugar 50 gm
Unsalted butter, melted 70 gm

Mix all the ingredients together.
Press evenly on an 8"square baking tin lined with greaseproof paper.
Chill in the freezer for half an hour.

Ingredients and method for the top:
Unsalted butter, melted 2 tbsp
Pumpkin puree 1 cup
Self-raising flour 1/4 cup
A pinch of salt
Sugar 1/2 cup
Evaporated milk 1/2 cup
Egg 1 nos.
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
A sprinkling of cinnamon sugar for the topping

Mix all the ingredients together in a mixer.
Pour onto the prepared biscuit base.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the top.
Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-30 mins at 200 degree C.
Remove to cool.
Cut into slices and refrigerate.

2 comments:

fat witch said...

Hihi. It looks good, I am going to try it out this weekend. Btw, is the pumpkin puree pre-packed? Tks.

Chawanmushi said...

Hi densar
I made the pumpkin puree using half a fresh pumpkin. You just need to bake it at 200 degree C for about an hour and then cool it before scooping out the softened pumpkin flesh. Any extra pumpkin puree can be frozen for about three months.

hth :-)