Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Baked Pasta

I've baked this many times especially when I have gatherings and yesterday I had a mini gathering at my friend B's place. My dd will not touch macaroni and for this pasta I used macaroni. B's ds S who is the same age as my dd really seemed to enjoy eating it and it was a joy seeing him eat. I remembered I got the recipe from a mom in m4m.


Ingredients:

250 gms uncooked pasta, cooked al dente with a tsp of salt and a tbsp of oil.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 medium size tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 small can of button mushrooms, sliced
half a can of luncheon meat, cubed
1 cup mixed veges
1 packet grated mozzi cheese mixed with 1 packet grated cheddar cheese

Method:

Stir-fry onions and garlic in 3 tbsp of hot oil till fragrant.

Add in tomatoes and cook till they softened.

Pour in mushroom soup and add in 5 tbsp water and mix well.

Add in the sliced mushrooms and mixed veges.

Cook over low heat for about 5 mins and season with 2 tsp of sugar and a dash of pepper.

Switch off the fire.

Add in the drained cooked pasta and mix well.

Scoop the mixed pasta into 2 nos. 8" square aluminium pans.

Sprinkle over the top with the grated cheese mixture.

Bake in a pre-heated oven 200 degree C for 40 mins. or till the cheese layer browns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I made this over the weekend and my kids just LOVED it! They had it for 3 days in a row and wasn't tired of it. My daughter requested that I make it for her class's Christmas potluck and for her next birthday party!

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Anonymous
Thanks for dropping by and I'm glad you all liked it :-) It's so heartwarming to know that your kids loved it. I know it's not easy cooking for kids LOL