Thursday, November 23, 2006

Seductive ...Shrimp Paste Sutchi Fish Fillet

What else can I do with shrimp paste? I tried it on the fish next but pan-fried it instead. This was what I got ..... and it was nice eating the fish with Japanese mayonnaise.

Ingredients:
Sutchi fish fillet 2 pieces (400 gm) cut into cubes
Marinade fillet for an hour with ....
1 tbsp Chinese wine
1 tbsp sesame oil
half a tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp shrimp paste powder

Method:
Pan-fry in about 8 tbsp of hot oil and several pieces of ginger slices.

When fillet pieces turn golden brown, remove from oil and place on dish with shredded carrot.

Serve hot with white rice and a Japanese Mayonnaise dip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! May I know where to find shrimp paste?Thks!

Chawanmushi said...

I got mine from the Fairprice supermarket.

Anonymous said...

Thks & just like to check can coat with cornflakes?

Chawanmushi said...

Hi eve
I've never done that with the sutchi fillet. Maybe you can try to do it that way. Then you will need a beaten egg to bind the crushed cornflakes to the fish meat. hth