Thursday, November 16, 2006

Soothing ...SOUPS

My family is into occasional soup drinking only even though we are Cantonese. The main reason is because I find that after boiling the ingredients for two hours, I've got to throw away the ingredients and it's such a wasteful act. No one in the family likes to eat the boiled meat eventhough I try to entice them to eat the meat by dipping the meat into sauces. So here is sharing the occasional soups that I've made .....


Watercress chicken soup.
This is one of my favourite and dh's too cos I will eat the watercress while dh and dss will eat the chicken. This soup is easy to make......
Boil 1 litre of water in a pot, put in 300 gm of fresh chicken drumsticks (blanched with hot water first). Add 5 slices of old ginger, 8 nos. red dates and a bunch of watercress. Boil and then simmer all together for about two hours. Season with salt according to your taste.


Bak Kut Teh.
I cook this using this brand of seasoning. Just need to follow the instructions given behind the package. This soup, everyone eats the meat cos it requires only 45 mins of preparation time, so the meat still retains it's taste. We like the one with the tradtional taste and usually dip the meat in black soya sauce to eat with white rice. Sometimes the soup also goes into the rice.

No comments: