Thursday, January 25, 2007

Steamed Nyonya Fish Fillet

I remembered someone shared her fish baked in a Giamson Nonya Sauce in a forum. I can't find the particular brand here but found this instead. It's Nyonya Sauce by Chef King. I used this as the seasoning and steamed the Batang fish. I liked the taste which is spicy and tangy. I would definitely use this again. Compared to the Tom Yum paste which I had used previously for fish, this sesaoning is less intense.




Ingredients:
400 gm Batang fish fillet
1 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 piece ginger, thumb-size, sliced
5 pieces Kaffir lime leaves, torn
1 packet Nyonya Sauce

Method:
Mix all the ingredients together in a steaming plate and marinade the fish fillet for about half an hour.
Put plate in a steaming steamer and steam for about 20-30 mins.
When the fish meat turns white, garnish with chopped spring onions.
Dish up and serve hot.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

Hi, I'm a regular visitor to your blog. The Giamson Nyonya Sauce you mentioned could be the same one I bought in Malacca(sold by Nyonya Suan restaurant) called Gimson Nyonya Sauce. I was told NTUC Marine Parade sells them (I've not gone there to check).