Monday, July 09, 2007

Yam Sesame Qbread

I used the last of my yam puree to do this quickbread and had the tasting session last weekend at the church. The verdict .... it's good but I need to add a little more oil to make it more moist. OK ....mum...point noted :-)

Here's sharing with you the recipe .... Mix and dump method.


Dry ingredients:
250 gm plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
180 gm sugar
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds


Wet ingredients:
150 gm sunflower oil
100 mls evaporated milk
160 gm yam puree
2 nos egg, beaten
1 tsp yam essence/coloring

Method:
Mix wet ingredients to the dry ingredients till well blended.

Pour batter into a loaf pan .

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C for about 60 mins. or till skewer comes out clean.


2 comments:

Edith said...

do you think it will work for pumpkin? I have some pumpkin puree and I don't know what to do with it now.

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Edith
Actually I do have another recipe for the Qbread using pumpkin puree and pecans.I think it's somewhere in my blog.

For this recipe, you may want to substitute the yam for pumpkin and then add cinnamon and addjust the liquid content.

hth