Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tofu Fish with Beef Balls in Plum Paste Sauce

I am so glad for the existence of convenience food. When I'm in a no mood to cook mode I'll automatically look for these foods in my fridge to dish up some thing for the dinner table. I always stock up these kinds of convenience food whenever I do my marketting.

Basically what I did was to make hot the tofu fish by pan frying it lightly with a tbsp of oil. Dish up.
Mix 2 tbsp of plum sauce with a tbsp of tomato sauce and added in half a cup of water to make the gravy.
Stir-fry an onion sliced with a tbsp of hot oil.
Add in the plum sauce mixture.
Add in the quartered tomato.
Added in the beef balls to the gravy and simmer for a minute.
Add in the tofu fish, simmer for a minute and walah .... the dish is ready to be eaten.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Am not familiar with the ingredient, can you please tell me what's tofu fish? Thanks!

Chawanmushi said...

Hi V.
Tofu fish or fish tofu is actually beancurd processed with fish meat.
It can be found in the chiller section selling young tau fu at the NTUC supermarket or at the section where you can find the fried fish cakes and fish balls.

hth