Thursday, May 22, 2008

Osmanthus Cake

This is the Imperial Osmanthus Cake which J created as her signature dish at Imperial Kitchen.
It's a cooling kind of jelly cake using water chestnut flour and osmanthus flower which gives the jelly cake it's distinctive flavour. However the osmanthus fragrance and flavour is an acquired one. When I first tasted this cake I liked it straight away, however my dd refused to taste it saying she didn't like the smell. LOL. I'm not sharing the recipe here as J is selling it.



4 comments:

Rosie said...

This looks a stunning cake and wonderful pic!

Rosie x

Chawanmushi said...

Hi rosie
Thanks for visiting :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

May I know where did you get the dried Osmanthus flowers from?

TIA.

Chawanmushi said...

Hi anonymous
I got it from the shop opposite Chinatown food complex. It's a shop selling Bird's Nest and the Chinese medicinal herbs.